The 2013 college football season is finally here! Time for Sports & Swag’s first ever, first of the season, Power 16 poll. The poll looks at how I think teams stack up today. In this edition, I also pick my National Champion. When all is said and done, I think Alabama gets their 3-peat. I’m not saying Bama goes undefeated, but I they’re still the best team with the best coach in college football. I pick them to play the Stanford Cardinal. Stanford, was very close to replacing Notre Dame in last season’s BCS title game. I like them over Oregon in their matchup this season. Even if these two teams don’t make it, I’m going out on a limb and saying these will still be the two conferences represented in Pasadena. I think the SEC and Pac-12 are step ahead of the rest. Should be a great game in the Rose Bowl! Enjoy the College Football season everyone! Now, Sports & Swag’s first Power 16!
1. Alabama – (This week: vs. Virginia Tech) The Tide is a 20 point favorite over the Hokies. Wow!
2. Stanford – (This week: Idle) The Cardinal gets to check everyone else out on opening weekend
3. Oregon – (This week: vs. Nicholls) Will the Ducks score 70 in this one?
4. Ohio St. – (This week: vs. Buffalo) Easy one for the Buckeyes before tougher San Diego St. next week.
5. Georgia – (This week: at 8 Clemson) Have the Dawgs gotten over the SEC Title game? We’ll find out this week…and next.
6. South Carolina – (This week: vs North Carolina) Gamecocks don’t want to use too much energy vs Tar Heels. Much bigger game next week.
7. Texas A&M – (This week: vs. Rice) Johnny Manziel is freed to play. The 2nd half anyway. Now, bring on Sept. 14th!
8. Clemson – (This week: vs 5 Georgia) Must win for the Tigers. Must win for the ACC!
9. LSU – (This week: vs. TCU) I think the Tigers are a little underrated. They get to prove that against a good Frogs team.
10. Florida – (This week: vs Toledo) Gators shouldn’t look ahead of the Rockets, even with the Hurricanes coming up next week.
11. Florida St. – (This week: at Pittsburgh) The Jameis Winston era at QB begins at Pitt, for the ‘Noles…
12. Louisville – (This week: vs. Ohio) Will the Cardinals be at least remotely challenged before date with Rutgers 10/10?
13. Texas – (This week: vs. New Mexico St.) Horns may have as good a combo of talent and experience as anyone in the nation, on paper. Time to prove it.
14. Notre Dame – (This week: vs. Temple) Irish should handle the Owls. Wolverines are next in the Big House…
15. Nebraska – (This week: vs. Wyoming) Huskers D will tell the story of how good or bad they are. T-Magic and the offense should rock n roll.
16. Michigan – (This week: vs. Central Michigan) Easy week this week, before hosting the Irish next week…
Got my eye on: TCU, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Boise St., UCLA
- 2013 PAC-12 Preview: It’s a Stanford Cardinal thing…… (sportsandswag.com)
- Blog Post: Stanford Cardinal 2013 College Football Predictions and Schedule (pregame.com)